ula hats are rated with the highest degree of sun protection – UPF 50+ – by the California Polytechnic Textile Research and Testing Laboratory, meaning sunlight won’t filter through, keeping your skin safe and healthy. Tula hats are hand-woven in a village along a mountainous region of Mexico adhering to the local tradition used for centuries. They are made using 100 percent natural palm fiber, which is a sustainable, environmentally friendly fiber grown along the Mexican coast.
10 in stock
- Hand Crafted
- UPF 50+ SUN PROTECTION : 5-5 1/2 inch brim Tested by the California Polytechnic University Textile Laboratory and rated excellent protection with 0% transmittance
- BREATHABLE PALM : Our natural palm fiber is grown in the warm coastal areas of Mexico and as a sustainable fiber is environmentally friendly
- FAIR TRADE : Artisan Milliners from Mexico who have been weaving hats over 500 years ; Long term relationships are at the heart of Fair Trade and we work closely with the artisans to ensure fair wages, safe working conditions, and economic growth
- PACKABLE & DURABLE : Palm is very pliable and can be packed in a suitcase with articles of clothing stuffed in and around the crown
- NATURALLY WATER RESISTANT : The overlapping layers of braided and lockstitched palm provide protection against both sun and light rain ; dry naturally and reshape as needed
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.